Tuner - DaTuner
A simple-to-use chromatic tuner designed for mobile use
The Tuner - DaTuner app gives Android users who are also musicians a helpful hand when it comes to tuning a wide variety of instruments. The app is extremely helpful for any instrument from strings like guitar and piano or woodwinds like saxophone and clarinet.
The interface provided in the Tuner - DaTuner app is easy for anyone to understand. The image in the center of the screen indicates that a note is currently being played and captured by the app so that tuning may begin. On the left, there is a decibel indicator to show the user how loud he or she is currently playing the note. The frequency indicator also sits on the left just below the volume.
By far, the most interesting and useful aspect of Tuner - DaTuner is that the app is capable of blocking out all of the ambient noise in the room in order to capture just the musical note being played. This means that users do not have to restrict their time to situations where no one else is around and no other noise is going on in the background. This feature alone makes this app incredibly convenient and helpful.
It should be noted that this is the free version of the Tuner - DaTuner app, which is known as the LITE version. In order to gain access to all of the features included in the app, users will need to pay for the full version of the app. This could be worth the cost of the app, though, for anyone who regularly needs a reliable tuning app.
- Helps users tune a wide variety of musical instruments.
- Able to disregard background and ambient noise in order to focus on one note.
- Must purchase full version of app for all features.
- Minor bugfixes in the free version (pro received more!)
- [PRO] Update temperament selection; use list instead of big knob.
- Added a second signal level visualizer to show where the background noise lies.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.